Simidude 1.3.3 Release Notes
These are the release notes for version 1.3.3 of the cross platform network clipboard Simidude. I published version 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 earlier this week but had to pull it back due to a problem with the installer. Version 1.3.3 is a maintenance release that fixed some bugs and brought a few new features:
- Fix: Simidude saves the active clipboard entry to disk so that after a restart of your computer that item can be reloaded and will immediately be available to your system. That mechanism was broken and has now been fixed.
- Fix: Simidude caches files and directories that are transfered between computers into a special cache directory. That directories are removed when the application exits normally. In case of a crash that cache directories remain and will not be removed in the future. That has now been fixed. Cache directories that have no reference to a Simidude item will now be deleted.
- Fix: Simidude crashed when you tried to access it through a browser but where using the server port, not the designated http port. That has been fixed.
- Fix: In some circumstances the written logfile could get huge. Writing of logfile entries has been limited to Error messages and a bug has been fixed that let log files grow endlessly. The Simidude logfile is contained in c:\Users\\.Simidude (Windows Vista and 7). It's surprisingly called simidude.log.
- Fix: I added an installer option to delete old application libraries from Simidude's lib dir. That did not workon all platforms.
- Feature: The title bar of the Simidude window now shows the URL you can use with a browser to access it's entries- if http access is enabled.
This version is recommended for all users.